General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

The damn thing won't start please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 01:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The damn thing won't start please help

alright i got my 1999 z28 a couple of months ago everything has been running perfectly. I got home from work the other parked then went to the store got back. Then the next day go to start it and all she does is turn. The motor is turning over just fine. I already checked my fuel filter and its good i got fuel pressured up on the fuel rail everytimei try to turn it over. Is the a good my to check to see if im getting ignition. All ready checked all the fuse and didn't any bad ones. Car only has 56,000 miles on it didn't think i would be running into problems this early. Suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you check the ignition relay under the hood? Just swap it out with a fan relay and see if that works. If you already checked that check your plugs. Is the security light flashing or on as you crank.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Teching In

i tried swapping the relays and nothing. the security light comes on when you first turn the key on like normal but goes out. I can't see this being to serious cause everything was working great the day before then bam!! won't start so its prolly something really simple im just missing it.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by goldguinn86_22
alright i got my 1999 z28 a couple of months ago everything has been running perfectly. I got home from work the other parked then went to the store got back. Then the next day go to start it and all she does is turn. The motor is turning over just fine. I already checked my fuel filter and its good i got fuel pressured up on the fuel rail everytimei try to turn it over. Is the a good my to check to see if im getting ignition. All ready checked all the fuse and didn't any bad ones. Car only has 56,000 miles on it didn't think i would be running into problems this early. Suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Make sure you're getting fuel pressure....FOR SURE.

Than make sure you're getting spark.....FOR SURE.

If both are working it will start.