General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

broken headlight in a T/A

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default broken headlight in a T/A

hey guys i got in a wreck last week and all i did was break the bezel and a few other parts to my passenger side headlight. Everything works fine, but the headlight will not go up by it self. if you manually crank it up it will stay up until you turn the lights off. The problem is that i have to pay for the other person's car as well, so that my insurance doesnt have to cover the accident(long story). So cash is tight and i cant afford to get it fixed right away if it works. i was told that i may need a whole headlight to fix the broken parts because a few of them cannot be ordered individually. yesterday i managed to get pulled over at night for the headlight and i got a warning(not realizing until today that i could crank it). OK... i was wondering if i could just the headlight to stay up all the time and not go down with my other headlight, so i dont have to crank it everytime i need to use it. just until the my money situation loosens up a little bit. i mean is there anything i can unplug or anything like that just to get it to stay up and function for a week or 2. any advice would be great. thanks for your help and sorry this was a rumbling post.

birdman
Old 10-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Pull the two 15 AMP headlight motor mini fuses (located in the fuse box under the hood). Then manually raise the headlights. As long as the gears aren't damaged, they will stay up.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey thanks alot
Old 10-17-2007, 10:21 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

You're Welcome