General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

A fun list of, "UH-OH"s...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A fun list of, "UH-OH"s...

A rather interesting set of problems recently, (Since Thursday) popped up. Upon startup of the car, there will be no response from the gauges for about 4-6 seconds, after which they all max themselves out and 0 out eventually setting to normal and reading just fine leaving the tripodometer reset to 0 in the process. From there, the low traction light, (Not a Traction control optioned car) Will pop and shortly afterwards clear and set off the ABS inop light. I apologize in advance if this has been addressed in the past as my search isn't working and couldn't find anything merely lurking as I usually do.

M~~>
Old 10-15-2007, 04:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check your battery and connections - the gauges sweep and trip reset is common on the '99 cars with low voltage. Don't know if the other stuff is related. GM issued a TSB on it. Should go away with a good strong battery.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, 2001NBMZ28, noticed pass head-light was screwed as well, draining battery and causing sweep to happen... Problem 1 solved. Going to be checking the sensors and wheel balance (Hopefully) this weekend to see if they're causing the other problem. Thanks again for the clue!

M~~>