General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

SVS Light/ dead gauges help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 11:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SVS Light/ dead gauges help!!!

over the past week the SVS light has onccasionally come on and after turning the car off and starting it up again it went away. two times yesterday a few hours apart i was cruising along when i look at my dash and see the water temp gauge drop to 0, my rpms go down to just about 0, and the car still running (thought sluggish as if something isnt right) the entire time.

then after a minute or so the gauges randomly pop back to life and the car runs fine with the SVS light still on.

has anyone ever see something like this before? i was completely dumbfounded to be driving and see the gauges drop to 0 with the car running, while battery volatage, fuel gage, and oil pressure all staying where they should be. after all this happens the car runs just as good as it has since i got it a year ago.

any idea wtf is goin on wit my car????
Old 10-23-2007, 12:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd look at the ECT wiring/connector on the drivers side head, sounds like it could be loose or something. See if the code is for the ECT, even if the light goes back off it'll still be stored in history.