Go Back   LS1TECH > CHASSIS, SUSPENSION, APPEARANCE > General Maintenance & Repairs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

General Maintenance & Repairs
Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds
Sponsored by
Gearstar Performance Transmissions

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 11-01-2007, 10:38 PM   #1
TECH Regular
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0
Default runs better with tps sensor unplugged

I have been fighting a rough idle in closed loop and decided to disconnect the tps sensor to see how the car would act and it idle's smoother and the get up and go is much better. I got a new tps sensor and the car ran better for a while and then the idle issue came back. What happens is in closed loop only when coming to a stop at a light the idle will go down a little so the engine will idle rough. It will stay like this for maybe 5 secs and then rev back up and just idle a little rough. I unplugged the sensor again the problem went away and the power difference is up in a good way. Is there a special procedure on replacing this sensor? Do I have to test the voltage and adjust or what?
Old 11-25-2007, 12:37 PM   #2
Launching!
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 1

There is a special procedure, yes.

I think you need a scantool so that you can move the tps back and forth to achieve a certain initial voltage reading. I haven't done a tps on an LS1, but I'm sure someone has access to this info.

1995 (White) LT1 -- A4 -- Edelbrock Heads/Intake/Headers, LT4 Cam, Moroso CAI w K&N, traction bars, exhaust, built trans - SOLD, love my M6
1995 (Black) LT1 -- M6 -- lots of money dumped and it's still broke
haacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 12:37 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
car, disconnect, disconnected, engine, good, idle, ls1, position, runs, sensor, throttle, tps, unplug, unpluged, unplugged