General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

car loosing power after i turn it off

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car loosing power after i turn it off

my car is turning its self off sometimes after i turn the ignition switch off. like the battery gets disconected when i turn it off. it happens in abotu 1 out of 10 time i turn it off. when i go to turn it on after this happens i get low idle and then it fluctuates (sp?) between 200 and 800 rpms. if i turn it off and back on after that its fine and does its normal thing. i recently removed the starter and replaced it (got it tested at autozone, checked good) i also replaced the battery due to starting problems (the reason i removed the starter). i also replaced the clutch safty switch or what ever you call it and installed a diablo tune on it. its the tune that comes from the company nothing like a custom tune from myself. i also took off and put my headers back on to replace the gaskets an dto put on my exhaust. does anone have a clue what it could be?

thnaks
kyle
Old 11-09-2007, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have the same problems. Car kept losing power and its my battery cables that aren't making a great connection sometimes, usually during the hottest days. I have stereo system wire couples with the positive battery terminal and the connection is troublesome. Id check that out.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:53 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

You check the ground on the block when you had the starter off? I bet its along those lines of a weak ground.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:51 AM
Staging Lane

when i had the starter off i did not take the ground off the block. it had no corrosion so i didnt remove it
Old 11-11-2007, 11:05 AM
Staging Lane

Ttt!!
Old 11-11-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Regular

how are your battery cables? are they good,not slits or cracks on them?sounds like you have a bad ground somewhere.