General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

firebird headlight probelm

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default firebird headlight probelm

when i was replacing the headlight motor and reattaching everything i broke a screw. It is the one with the plastic sleeve on it ( there are two of these) has a torq bit at the head of it and a nut on the other end. I call it hinge bolts. Does anyone know where i can find this particular bolt? If you need a pic i am sure i find one so you all know what I am talkin about.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Teching In

??? anyone
Old 11-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Teching In

Oh I had a similar problem about 1.5 yrs ago. Mine actually came off while driving shortly after I fixed the headlight motor (make sure you tighten it down well). I wasn't really able to find anything similar short of going to GM with the exact part number. What I ended up doing was buying a similar sized shoulder bolt from the hardware store, a matching nylock nut/washer, and a nylon spacer that fit on the shoulder of the bolt. I basically sanded down the nylon spacer until it fit very nicely in the "hinge hole." It took some work and creativity (and sanded fingers), but it actually works great. My dad even complimented my work when I showed him . It only cost a few bucks for the parts too.

Quick Reply: firebird headlight probelm