General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

please help batt or alt problem?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 04:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question please help batt or alt problem?????

hey guys i went to start my car to take it out of the garage to go to the track and it was compeatly dead. the car has been siting in the garage for about a week. i jumped it off and it was fine then i went to have the battery tested and the alternator. the alt came back good and the parts store charged the batt for about 30-40 min and came good back. the battery is an advance auto titanium and is about a year old. we put the batt back in the car and cranked perfect and the volts jump up fine where it should be. what could this be. theres no security light on or any thing. even when i jumped it off the volt went to where they should be. then the i cranked it a few times be tween my house and the parts store. help guys. thanks.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:40 PM
12 Second Club

Sounds to me like the battery. I had that same problem last year when my battery went out. It would stay charged for about a day but if it sat longer it would need to be jumped. The battery got worse after that and it wouldn't stay charged all day even. I drove it to work a few times and I would have to jump it in the morning and at night sometimes when I was leaving. I bought a new battery and haven't had any problems since.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like the battery to me, 30-40 min charge and tested OK? Did they do a load test? Is it a minimum 690 CCA?
Old 11-18-2007, 11:22 PM
12 Second Club

yep it stood on the charger for 40 min and came back fine.the cca on that batt is 850 i think. its the highest batt advance sells besides optima. also i can trade up to the optima for 60 bucks so is it worth it? and there info on the optima says it needs some kind of thing to make it sit higher?
Old 11-19-2007, 03:24 AM
Banned

you might of forgot a little light on or something.....i know mine goes dead because of my aftermarket alarm
Old 11-19-2007, 06:18 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by shaun
yep it stood on the charger for 40 min and came back fine.the cca on that batt is 850 i think. its the highest batt advance sells besides optima. also i can trade up to the optima for 60 bucks so is it worth it? and there info on the optima says it needs some kind of thing to make it sit higher?
I just threw an Optima Yellow Top in my T/A. It's a universal style top/side mount battery and it fit just fine without any modification or extra parts. It did come with some extra brackets and stuff but I didn't use them. I just used the original battery mount. I think its worth it, but I have an ampilifer that draws 160 amps so I needed a deep cycle battery. Another thing to note is that it can hold charge for up to 6 months so you don't really need to worry about having to jump start your car after its been sitting.