General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Air Filters

Old 11-30-2007, 07:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Filters

last night I was decided to check the air filter to see if it was dirty, I could hardly get it out of the box, and when I tried to put it back in I couldn't get it to fit all the way back in the box. Its a paper filter put in by Valvoline, do these fit that tight? I am thinking the dumbasses put in a wrong size? I can't even latch the lid back down. I would think they shouldn't be hard to get back into the box? Any help or advice would be great.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

You did not list if you had a lid or not but my paper filter does not fit well under my MTI lid but fits very snug under my stock lid. On the other hand, my K&N fits perfect under my MTI. Good luck, You have to work it around all the sides to make it fit correctly!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:09 AM
On The Tree

It's a stock lid. I guess I'll buy a new one and try to fit it in as the current one is bent in the middle from me trying to force it in.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

sure you got the right filter because even with the stock lid it shouldnt be that hard takes a little messing with to get it in but no reson for you having to bend it to try and get it down
Old 11-30-2007, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there really isn't any other filter that would fit it.... All other ones would be completely off sizing.

Search this Thread