General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Question about O2 Sensor's

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 01:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about O2 Sensor's

I changed my "Air Flow Sensor" about a month ago, and when i had the car checked with the computer over at Autozone. The guy mentioned O2 Sensor's and spark plug's being bad. He cleared the code's for me, after i told him we recently changed the Air Flow Sensor.

I went ahead and changed the spark plug's. So i figured, maybe i should change the O2 Sensor's as well. Im clueless about these, all i know is someone on here told me they are located in the muffler's.....

Where can i get these....

Local Muffler shop??
Autozone?? or Advanced Auto Part's???

How much would these cost's to replace???
Old 12-23-2007, 01:55 PM
TECH Resident

02's are located in your muffler...wow...anyway if you have stock manifolds there will be 4 o2 sensors total, 2 pre cats and 2 after the cats, and you need a special o2 senser socket to remove them..here is a link to pick up some front o2 sensors

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...2e41c487d0bf62
Old 12-23-2007, 03:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're not throwing any codes don't replace them. Great free service reading codes, but can't always trust the person reading them knows what they're talking about. 02 codes could be a symptom of something else going on and they're just doing what they were designed to do. My advice is get the code(s) read and post them here before purchasing anything.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^Agreed. Get the code from Autozone, then don't listen to anything else he/she says after that. We'll take care of ya!
Old 12-24-2007, 11:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My car was throwing O2 sensor codes and it ended up being a dirty MAF. Once I cleaned the MAF the codes went away and they havn't been back since, computers in cars help with diagnostics but they are not perfect. Listen to the people on this site, they will help you out more than somebody that knows nothing at autozone.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:13 PM
TECH Addict

Yeaa, that's what the 1st guy @ Autozone told me. To change my MAF sensor and it should correct all the O2 Sensor's being thrown. I think it may have, car doe's run pretty good now. Everynow and then, seem's like it doesnt get the full power when you step on it.

I know the spark plug's were bad, car at time's wouldnt fire up very easy. I mean there was time's it fired up and it was loud, then other time's it seemed like it just got enough power to start it up but wasnt very loud.