General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Braking problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 05:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Braking problem

Hey, what's up everyone, I have a little bit of a situation. I have a 98 LS1 WS6 T/a and I'm having a problem with my braking..This all started about a month ago, and when I'm stopping it feels like I have to press the break 2-3 times stronger than I normally would have to, and then sometimes I feel a weird rumble on my break petal, almost like the feeling of if your breaks are going metal to metal, but I have no squeaking. Sometimes if I hit a bump, my "brake" "low traction" and "abs" lights flicker on. I have no clue why it does this? Does anyone have a clue?? Thanks

Last edited by papaown; 12-28-2007 at 06:05 AM.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:16 AM
Teching In

bumping this post up, this is a real problem
Old 12-29-2007, 10:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that could be a wheel bearing/abs problem.......my ebcm....electronic brake control modgule and my abs unit was replaced under warranty about 4 years ago.....my dash board looked like a christmas tree if i hit the brakes......also if it were raining and i hit a puddle the lights would all flash at the same time.......the dealer had my car 6 times before they fixed the prob....untill this day it dont know what was replaced to fix it nor has it done it since......i thought i had a lemon at first but ther lemon laws are very stringent in indiana
good luck man......hope that heled.........and as always "it could be worse" and you arent the only one that has random **** happening to the
Old 12-30-2007, 02:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ls1leadfoot
that could be a wheel bearing/abs problem.......my ebcm....electronic brake control modgule and my abs unit was replaced under warranty about 4 years ago.....my dash board looked like a christmas tree if i hit the brakes......also if it were raining and i hit a puddle the lights would all flash at the same time.......the dealer had my car 6 times before they fixed the prob....untill this day it dont know what was replaced to fix it nor has it done it since......i thought i had a lemon at first but ther lemon laws are very stringent in indiana
good luck man......hope that heled.........and as always "it could be worse" and you arent the only one that has random **** happening to the

Your problem sounded exactly like mine. Almost every light would turn on and off like it was the 4th of July. Thanks, helped a ton!