General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Not Just An Ordinary Squeak!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 12:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not Just An Ordinary Squeak!

I have absolutely had it with this terrible squeal coming from the front of my car. Whenever the steering wheel turns the wheels, my poor car cries! I think its a set of ball joints b/c this noise is so damn loud it makes other people look. ALso it only does this in COLD whether, so I'm thinking it may need the ball joints to be reset and then re-greased througth the zerks. The only other option I am guessing is the cway bar bushings, but I don't think the sway bar could possible scream that loud. Any ideas, being serious though. THanks in advance!
Old 01-06-2008, 06:06 AM
TECH Addict

Well I'd be willing to bet my next paycheck it is your power steering. First off check your fluid it could just be low but if not it could be your pump. If the fluid is low and you have been running it like that it probably damaged the pump and hence the noise you hear.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:26 AM
On The Tree

this isn't a belt type of squeal. It is a SURE SHOT SQUEAK. When I push down over a fender the car makes the squeak as well, hence why I am positive it isn't anything for the power steering. Thanks for the heads up though. I gotta still go check my PS fluid.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:34 AM
12 Second Club

waldershrek:

PM me for my mailing address. You can go 'head and mail that paycheck to me since 2000Z28AUG didn't speak up!
Old 01-06-2008, 08:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

More than likely its a ball joint, the stockers arent greaseable. And they are riveted onto the control arm. Take it to a front end and alignment shop and have them look it over.