General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

cpu hissing noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cpu hissing noise

ok so under my passenger side floorboard wher all the fuses are something is hissing realy loud but here is the deal i just had a new motor and trany put in the car 2000 miles ago. the other day while it was sitting ther just idling my car died in became unresponsive to the gas petal and died. now when i try to do anything with my car i can have a full charge on my battery and it will drain instantly upon turning the key and its due to this hissing noise whatever it is is causing my car to not to anything i dont even have to try to start it i just have to turn the key to on and it does it. im really tired of putting thousands into this car so if anybody can help me please let me know.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like something electrical has gone awry.

Have you tried taking off that passenger side fuse panel to see if anything is burnt up?

Otherwise, if the car drains the battery after you pull the key, I would try pulling fuses one at a time until you find out what is causing the drain. From there it should lead you to whatever circuit/ground may be causing the problem.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so if i pull out a fuse then if ther is a ground problem in that circuit then will it not make the noise or what i am really pissed becus i have put alot of money in this car and this is how it returns the favor lol but thanks for ur help any help is awesome