General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

pullies installed and car runs great

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pullies installed and car runs great

so i got my car back after it got a new opti and had my under drive pullies installed. i bought the 34% crank and 25% alt ASP pullies for a hundred bucks and i think it was a great deal. the gas mileage differnece is very noticeable, i am getting almost 40 more miles on a tank which is pretty damn good if you ask me. the car also seems to pick up a little faster and it definitely runs through the higher rpm's much quicker. although today my SES (service engine soon)came on today and i dont know if it was caused by the pullies, or i forgot to mention, i had my air pump and all the piping taken out as well and capped off on the manifolds. the car is a 96 T/A with 97,xxx miles so i was wondering if there was anyway to tell what triggered the SES or if it was just getting close to the 100,000 mile check up. ive had the water pump replaced the opti replaced new spark plugs (doing wires this weekend) and i was told i was going to need a new radiator soon. any suggestions or maybe experience close to this.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Go to autozone and have the code scanned. It's free.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you didn't have the PCM reprogrammed then removing the AIR system will throw a code, as the rear O2 sensors will detect a problem. P0410 is probably the code you will find.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:35 PM
TECH Resident

yep probably getting the code from the Air system