General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

idling problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default idling problems

if my car will not idle most of the time then what would u all think that the problem is i am so confused by my car
Old 01-16-2008, 05:24 PM
TECH Resident

anything other than it wont idle? could just be a really bad tune. Maybe your fuel system is taking a dump, clogged filter. whens the last time the spark plugs were changed? how do the plug wires work? are they fully seated? maybe your maf is messed up could be alot of little things.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Staging Lane

the motor has been re built the tranny has been rebuilt all this in the last 2000 miles filter isnt the prob no matter if it has clean filter or not it doesnt affect it um the tune when we hooked efi to it everything seemed really good my timing was good everything was good but no matter what the tune did the idling never changed the plugs and wires where changed when the motor was changed so what now lol
Old 01-16-2008, 05:32 PM
TECH Resident

A bad fuel filter can cause idle issues, but I am thinking that you might be having an electrical issue. Get the proper sized battery and see how it goes from there. It is a process of elimination when working with issues such as yours.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Staging Lane

lol i had the filter changed when i redid the tranny umm as far as elecrtrical my car has glitches that nobody can figure out and i did hook a battery out of my 05 aviator too it like an hour ago and it still did the same thing is ther an easy way to test electrical issues
Old 01-16-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

I am sure there are the only way I know how is to scan it with some sort of scanner. I know hp tuners does it but I dont know about EfI live. I dont really know what to tell you in the electrical stuff, good luck to you though.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Staging Lane

thanks man i aprreciate u trying