General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need part numbers for o2 sensors

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 09:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need part numbers for o2 sensors

I know everyone will immediately reply with "SEARCH" posts, but I need a little more info, as I was not very involved when the headers were installed on my car by RevXtreme. My o2 sensors have bit the dust after the car was stored for a year. so I need to get some replacements.
From what I've gathered here:

-When headers are installed, the rear o2's are simmed out or programmed out.
- The front o2's are impossible to sim or program
- Extensions are used to move the front o2's to the LT headers.

If this is true, It looks like RevXtreme cut the wiring to the o2 sensors and manually extended them using crimp sleeves. heat-shrink, and electrical tape. Since I don't have a lift, and would be doing this under the car with it jacked up, i really don't feel like cutting and re-splicing new sensors in. So I should be able to buy extensions, plug them in, screw the o2's in, and be done with it.
Also from what i've gathered, the front and rear stock o2's have different part numbers. What are the front o2 part numbers, and where is the best sponsor to get extensions from? Thank you for your help in advance, I just need someone to make sure my info is correct before I go and throw money down the toilet.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:08 AM
12 Second Club

That sux that your install was done half-assed dude. Not sure about the P/N on the O2 sensors, but you can get the extensions at ws6store.com.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1FST-Z
That sux that your install was done half-assed dude. Not sure about the P/N on the O2 sensors, but you can get the extensions at ws6store.com.
The splice job was a good job, it's just that I wish they had used extenders, so I could just unplug the old o2's and plug the new ones in.

Well, I ended up buying a pair of 24" extensions from ws6store, as well as a 85mm lid. Then I bought two o2 sensors from Gmpar*** dot com, since SDHC didn't reply to my questions I emailed them. The part #'s I ordered were 25312197 and 25312196. I went and ordered a 85mm bellows from turbohoses.com while I was at it. So hopefully everything will fit together fine. I can't wait to get this beast back on the road, 'cause im getting tired of driving this shitty 200K miles euro-spec BMW with the crap stereo.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

o2 sensors run off a ceratain amount of omes and when you splice into the wires its gonna change how much power they have. there are alot of sponsors on here that sell o2 extentions for that application.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

go to autozone or kragen auto parts and get some bosch corvette o2 sensors,no extensions needed
Old 02-20-2008, 07:17 AM
On The Tree

Bosch are garbage from what I understand. They give alot of problems. I believe since O2's control everything in your car tune wise, you might want to spend the extra 40 dollars total and get the best ones. Go GM.

Anyone know the part number for the Corvette O2's? I am getting ready to do Longtubes and didnt wanna splice or buy Bosch. Should I just call GM and say. "I need front O2's for a 2000 Corvette? Is there a certain year?

BTW. I have a 2000 TA.

Tim
Old 02-20-2008, 08:38 AM
12 Second Club

i got the bosch part number at home, there not garbage

get some from a 3400 grand am gt like a 2000

there real long but no extenders needed