General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Few Electrical Issues (I think)

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 10:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Few Electrical Issues (I think)

Hello,

I recently did a motor swap and everything went together with a few issues but I solved those with a little help. But now I have a few new problems which I just cant quite solve.

I have the low coolant light turning on and off. Sometimes when I start the car the low coolant light is on and then it turns off and visa versa. But I have plenty of coolant by the overflow dipstick and the car does not over heat. So I am thinking sensor. Where is this sensor located so I can change it. And is it possible for me to change it w/o draining all of te coolant.

My next issue is that my cruise control does not works but my traction control works just fine. I checked the connections and the grounds and I do not know why it is not working.

So can some one shoot me some ideas.

Tilly

Last edited by tilly; 01-21-2008 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:36 AM
Staging Lane

Coolant sensor about 5 inches under the rad cap on the back of the rad. It's a big square plug, can't miss it. Honestly I hate the things and find them useless.

Not 100% sure how cruise control works on these cars but I'm pretty sure they need a good vacuum source. Check to make sure all mechanical components are functioning properly.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:16 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tilly
My next issue is that my cruise control works but my traction control works just fine. I checked the connections and the grounds and I do not know why it is not working.

Which one isn't working? According to you they both are
Old 01-22-2008, 12:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Whoops, yea, the cruise control does not work.