General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Tech guys..got a few problems. need your advise

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 07:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tech guys..got a few problems. need your advise

LS1Check out the tread in my signature for the full story but here is what it boils down to. The 86 LS1 Silverado is now running and has a few problems. It is a 98 Camaro LS1 and 4L60E with a stand alone harness. After cranking and driving it a little it has a few problems.

1) The transmission only has first and second gears. You have to shift it manually to get second then it is freewheel if you shift past second. It shows no codes. It has 12 volts on the pink E wire. I have replaced the VSS.

2)The engine is running rich and the power is not consistent. It has code P0118 Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit High Input. I have replaced the temp sensor. It has some of the problems that come with running rich. This is my first LS1 swap. If you have anything useful on this please chime in. Thanks
Old 01-25-2008, 09:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how much fluid is in your a4? cables are all adjusted properly?

how far is it exactly running rich? have you hooked it up to a tuning suite?
Old 01-27-2008, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

For the #2 problem...wiggle the ECT wire harness from the connector at the sensor to the PCM while monitoring the parameter in the scan tool. If the temp drops to -40 at any time you wiggle it, you have a wiring problem.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:18 AM
On The Tree

The wires to the temp sensor tested out fine. I put the ohm meter on the sensor. It came out to 1.40. I dont know what this should be but its new from GM. So I havent found anything yet.
As far as the trans...full of fluid and linkage (no cable) is correct. I think it has to go to the transmission shop for that one. I would like to fix the rich problem. Any ideas?