General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Damn o2 sensor!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn o2 sensor!!!

The clip to my o2 sensor is broken.. And its the part thats on the wiring harness. Well, I tried looking for the clip and couldnt find anything! I'm hoping I wont have to buy a whole wiring harness just for this 1 damn clip though..

Does anyone know where I can find one at or if theres a company that I could go through to get it? They dont sell them at chevy dealerships either .

Do I really even need the clip anyways? Could I just cut the clip off and just join the wires together to kinda bypass the clip so the wire just connects to the o2 sensor.. I havent really looked at it that hard yet but it was just an idea..

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike
Old 02-09-2008, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a problem with mine and I simply bought a O2 sensor extension and cut and spliced in the plug I needed.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

There are lots of places you can get them. I'd bet that the dealer can also get the part - they just don't have the ability to look it up.

I have the part numbers for LS1's but I assume you have a 1994? For the LS1 cars, the parts numbers are listed in the Engine Controls Section of the Factory Service Manual.

Once you have a description of the part or a related part number, you can get everything else from Delphi's site at: http://connectors2.delphi.com/dcsgdmcs/homepage.aspx They have cross-references for terminals, sockets, etc. with mating part numbers and the original engineering drawings for the parts. (so you can match them up) Sometimes the part numbers change over the years and this site should also key you in to those instances, as well.