General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds
Old 04-29-2016, 04:23 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Interior Guides

--

See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Electrical Guides
Print Wikipost

LS1 Body Control Module Problems - The Fix

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's been about 2 weeks since I've fixed mine, and it's been working great. My radio hasn't cut off at all!
Old 12-29-2008, 05:07 PM
Staging Lane

Default Yo...

Originally Posted by Torkman15
Good information!! This should be stickied somewhere...
DO i have to remove the dashboard to access the BCM or just take off the glove box door and etc.?
Old 12-30-2008, 07:14 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by 99TransAm345hp
DO i have to remove the dashboard to access the BCM or just take off the glove box door and etc.?
Reread post #47 (complete with photos).
Old 01-07-2009, 12:50 AM
On The Tree

I took the BCM out of my car today and surprising there were no flaws in the factory solder joints on the circuit board! I checked all the wires attached to the three harnesses/plugs and all looked great as well. I plugged it back in the car and it hasn't done it since.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

good info on the fix only seen it happen once in a buddies car.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Hef
Teching In

Just found this thread, I battled with the BCM for a while, but I cant get it out. I have not been able to get the side panel off, that one screw that is mentioned is too hard to get to. I need a very short phillips head. Does this side panel really have to come out, doesnt look like it when you look through the glovebox.

My doorlocks and interior lights stopped working today. I hear a click in the BCM. Must be a relay in there.

This thread looks promising. I'll be trying again tomorrow.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Hef
Teching In

Well I fixed my problem, just a blown fuse.

Thanks
Old 02-24-2009, 05:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Any chance the BCM has something to do with my "ASR OFF" light on the dash?
Old 02-25-2009, 08:49 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Originally Posted by aerojt
Any chance the BCM has something to do with my "ASR OFF" light on the dash?
None at all. The ASR system and the BCM are not connected in any way.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for clarifying! I appreciate it.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:25 AM
Teching In

i've read every post in this topic......my door locks don't work......there is a clicking sound ,obviously a relay, coming from the area described.....this clicking repeats itself about every 10 seconds....the trunk latch works....when i use the key fob, i also get a clicking sound but the locks will not open or close....is this the bcm.......i tried a reset, didn't work...02 SS

the only fuse that stops this clicking is the 40 amp ignition fuse under the hood
someone here mentioned a fuse for their locks...i can find no fuse labeled for that system in the fuse boxes or in the manual
Old 03-19-2009, 11:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Does the BCM control the rear defroster and power seats? I still have not been able to determine why my R.Def only stays on for about 20secs then shuts off, and will not come back on for nothing for approx 5-10 mins. When it stops working, so do my power seats.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jlh3rd
i've read every post in this topic......my door locks don't work......there is a clicking sound ,obviously a relay, coming from the area described.....this clicking repeats itself about every 10 seconds....the trunk latch works....when i use the key fob, i also get a clicking sound but the locks will not open or close....is this the bcm.......i tried a reset, didn't work...02 SS

the only fuse that stops this clicking is the 40 amp ignition fuse under the hood
someone here mentioned a fuse for their locks...i can find no fuse labeled for that system in the fuse boxes or in the manual
Mine was doing that on and off, it wouldn't always lock the doors. It was the BCM, I had to replace the 4 relays in there to fix it. I replaced all 4 since I wasn't sure which one it was. I just bought a cheap used BCM from a guy on here to scavenge the relays from since I couldn't find any new direct replacements online too easily.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

Why is the original post deleted? Is there a backup somewhere with the actual fix in it?
Old 03-27-2009, 10:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

my rear defroster does the same thing. i read a tsb to replace the circuit breaker for the rear defroster i don't know about the power seats. i hardly ever my seat adjuster.

Originally Posted by TurdsOfMayhem
Does the BCM control the rear defroster and power seats? I still have not been able to determine why my R.Def only stays on for about 20secs then shuts off, and will not come back on for nothing for approx 5-10 mins. When it stops working, so do my power seats.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:45 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Originally Posted by GMTECH4
my rear defroster does the same thing. i read a tsb to replace the circuit breaker for the rear defroster i don't know about the power seats. i hardly ever my seat adjuster.
The seats and rear defroster are totally unrelated to the BCM and the fix described here. But they are both protected by the same 30 amp circuit breaker in the dash fuse panel. The circuit breaker doesn't work well when it gets old so it cuts out the circuit much too soon. You can replace it with another circuit breaker or just use a 30 amp fuse in the same spot.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:27 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Impackt
It's been about 2 weeks since I've fixed mine, and it's been working great. My radio hasn't cut off at all!
I actually ended up resoldering mine again sometime in January. I didn't do it good enough the first time, and it was starting to cut off again. It's been fine all year..
Old 04-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Launching!

where are the pics!? i need to do mine but dont know where to do the soldoring, HELP!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 0235SS
where are the pics!? i need to do mine but dont know where to do the soldoring, HELP!!!
If you post a pic, I can show you exactly where you need to do the soldering. I would do a write-up, but removing/inserting the BCM is quite a pain in the butt.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:06 AM

Default Similar issue, but different

Good morning,

I've read though many threads and I have a similar problem that I think is connected to the BCM. My trouble occurs when the car is off. Of course it's intermittant. After the car, '02 Camaro SS, is shut off and you leave, the radio, check engine light, security light, and seat belt light & chime turn on. If I open the door they shut off. ALSO, the fuel pump will prime for about 2-3 seconds. Car is off, in the garage, and key is in my hand. This will cycle every few minutes. Also I shut down the car one night and the dash lights stayed on, the gauges, bounced in time with the light chime, and this stayed on after the door was open and closed a few times. I disconnected the battery to stop the drain. Since then the bouncing gauges and dash lights have not appeared, but the Fuel pump and radio have turned on without notice. I know these are all on seperate curcuits and, from what I see, the common denominator is the BCM.

Thank you in advance.

Quick Reply: LS1 Body Control Module Problems - The Fix