Key Fob and security light

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 07:10 AM
Jme
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key Fob and security light

A few questions:

Why would my key fob only unlock the driver side and sometimes the passenger when pushed twice (sometimes). and sometimes when i try to open the back hatch it will work and other times just the light inside turns on. do i have a short or should i try a new battery in the fob? and also i had to open my door from the ttops cause i locked the keys in the car and the alarm didnt go off...? should it? and my security light stays on. and sometimes the ignition doesnt seem to want to turn. like its caught is that because of the chip in the key...that could have something to do with the light also....

I know a lot of questions... only had it a little while. also...interesting... key only works on hatch... is there a way to replace locks in the door. or should i just stick to the fob...? Thanks alot!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2008, 12:17 AM
Launching!

You have too many problems for one thread.

When you press the unlock one time it is only supposed to unlock the drivers door. Two times for driver and passenger.

Your car has no alarm system and the security light means something different.

Try one question at a time... And try the search feature.

Good luck :-)
Old 05-20-2008, 01:52 AM
Jme
Teching In

Default :)

lol yeah sorry guess i just got desperate i looked around but i just figured someone might know at least something

thanks for the reply though
Old 05-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by haacer
You have too many problems for one thread.

When you press the unlock one time it is only supposed to unlock the drivers door. Two times for driver and passenger.

Your car has no alarm system and the security light means something different.

Try one question at a time... And try the search feature.

Good luck :-)
truth.

Also, determine whether your hatch is not opening at all, or just not opening all the way so you can actually lift it up. It's a well-known problem that are cars have a shitty spring in teh hatch, and if you don't fix it, you usually have to pop the hatch, lift it up some, then pop it again in order for it to open. If your hatch is not unlcok/popping open part way at all, then that's another problem.

I think your best bet is to replace the battery in your key fob. Get the stupid and cheap solution out of the way first.

Last edited by Luder[PAK9]; 05-20-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:26 PM
Teching In

I had a security problem once too. When I put the key in it would throw a security light and not start. It went on for about a month than the key stopped working. Then the spare set started doing it. The dealer had to replace the whole ignition so I got new keys and all. If this is the same problem your having, I hope you got a spare 500 bills laying around. I have had no problems sence. Good luck with your fix.