General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

transmission help

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 01:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question transmission help

I'm somewhat technically inclined when it comes to automobiles, but this one has me owned. I was driving around minding my own business in my 02 m6 z28 and all of the sudden heard a loud shimmy from the transmission area and my car died. When the car is started, i can't get into any gear, it simply won't get out of neutral but when my car is off i can shift into any gear. When i start my car in a gear it will just kick it out or die,and i am gettign some huge feedback on the clutch. Of course this happens during finals week when i'm at school and not when i am at home.

any idea what the problem is? never had any issues before or anything like this happen
Old 05-11-2008, 09:03 AM
Staging Lane

Could it be a problem in the shifter cables? Something like that happened twice in my 2000 Cougar and both times it was problems with the cables.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:29 AM
Teching In

Shifter cables?????? Don't have think we have any.
Sounds like you don't have a clutch.I had a '95 V6 and the slave cyclinder gave out so I had no clutch.Had to put it in gear when off,start it up and drive in first all the way home hoping I didn't get any stop lights!No fluid on the ground? Any fluid in the resivoir?
Old 05-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Teching In

any other ideas? i loaded it up on a trailer and am gonna drive it home tomorrow
Old 05-11-2008, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

Bleed the clutch and see if that helps if you need help let me know and I'll talk you through it if that doesn't help we'll figure it out!