General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Squeaky Rear Hatch

Old 05-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaky Rear Hatch

No idea how to go about fixing this but im hoping that someone has a solution hear. Ever since about a year ago I remember going down a bumpy road and it really rattled up my car. After that moment it seemed to have gotten worse to the point where it cannot get any worse. Basically the rear hatch seemed to have rattled loose somewhere and I do not know where exactly it is coming from or what to tigten. This usually happens when im driving at certain vibrations from the exhaust I can notice it shakes the car more. This in turn vibrates the rear hatch glass which is very annoyying. Anyone know where to start to tighten this bad boy up and stop this annoying squeaking? Thanks
Old 05-11-2008, 04:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

There are two rubber "bumpers" on the outer edges of the inside of the hatch, near the tail lights. They are threaded, so you can unscrew them out so the hatch is pushed up more against the hatch lock. If that didn't help I've heard that tail lights can squeak when loose, you can tighten them by pulling back the carpet-like material in trunk area right behind the tail lights. You'll see some plastic screws you can screw in by hand.
One major thing that will help with all the rattles in general are good shocks, they will absorb the impact that the stock shocks let into the cabin in the first place (stockers have too much compression in the rear).
Search for "koni" in the suspension section, with otherwise stock suspension they made my car feel and ride like a german sports sedan, simply amazing.

Search this Thread