General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Day Time Running Light And Pass Blinker Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 09:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Day Time Running Light And Pass Blinker Help

Just Bought A 01 Ws6 Only Thing Is The Daytime Running Light On The Pass Side Will Not Work The Guy I Bought The Car From Said Its The Bulb So I Put A New Bulb In It Still Does Not Work I Have Looked In The Fuse Box And The Fuse For My Daytime Running Lights Is Not Blown My Driver Side Works Fine But When I Turn On The Pass Blinker It Does Not Blink The Back Blinker Lights Up But Does Not Blink
When I Lock The Car Or Have My Headlights On It Works It Just Ant Working On The Daytime And Blinking I Thought There Would Be A Flasher Fuse For The Pass Side But I Could Not Find It And Any Help On This Would Be Great As This Is The Only Thing I Have Found Wrong So Far Thank U Kenny
Old 05-24-2008, 09:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Take the bulb out and look at the socket. The housings have a tendency to let moisture in and cause corrosion. I actually had to buy a new socket. My money is on the socket. PM me if you need anymore help.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

1999trasamman is right do what he said check the socket for corrosion if its real bad you might want to get a new socket from autozone for $8.
Old 05-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Teching In

thank u for your time i give it try
Old 05-24-2008, 04:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your post is really hard to read when every word is capitalized. I've never seen that before. lol
Old 05-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Teching In

I've had the same problem with my 2000 WS6. I did replace the sockets and bulbs, worked for a couple days, but I'm back to square one again.
The tilt wheel in my car is a little sloppy, and I'm wondering if the problem is actually in the wiring in the steering column. Has anyone rebuilt their steering column?
Old 05-25-2008, 12:25 PM
TECH Addict

i'm on my 4th bulb in 3 months...i replaced the socket with the 3rd bulb...turn signal works, and it stays on when the foglights are on, but as soon as i turn the headlights on, the left one turns off, it also doesn't flash when I lock the doors, i dunno what the ****** deal is...
Old 05-25-2008, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I kept having bulbs go out so I replaced the socket....had the same problem a couple months down the road. I started to look at the problem more closely and noticed that every drop of moisture that gets in the housing goes straight to the socket because it sits on the bottom of the housing (good job GM). Inspect your housings. Both od mine had cracks on the front allowing moisture to get in. I replaced the housings and the sockets together and I havent had a problem since.

As soon as a rock cracks my housing again I'm sure I'll have the same problem. I know some guys would buy small pieces of plexi-glass and cut them to the same size as the front of the housing and glue them on with clear glue. It acts as a shock absorber if a rock hits as it will damage the plexi-glass and not the housing lense.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

autotrix sells gaskets to seal better too.

http://www.autotrix.net/product_page...imegasket.html
Old 05-26-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

I did forget to mention that I ended up replacing the housings as well, I had a run in with a rock. I had a tough time finding a replacement set of housings but they are out there. I put in new housings and sockets, no problems for over a year now. GreenBlood I dont know what to say, I would say the socket, but you replaced that so maybe check the wiring, make sure the splices arent corroded or something. I put heat shrink on my splices so water wouldnt get in and corrode the wires.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Housings here:

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...ywords=housing