General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Window track

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Window track

Here is my problem my window goes up and down just fine but it has front and back movement and it separated from the horizontal track in the back part of the door. It looked like it was a rivet that pulled through the bracket on the window. Anyone have any ideas on a fix. I can take some pics if it would help.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DARE
Here is my problem my window goes up and down just fine but it has front and back movement and it separated from the horizontal track in the back part of the door. It looked like it was a rivet that pulled through the bracket on the window. Anyone have any ideas on a fix. I can take some pics if it would help.
There is a metal bracket gm part number 012159662 that slides in the track. It has a piece that breaks off, and sends the window moving all over the place. I just changed it myself, spent $60 at the dealer on this part, and did it in a day. Use lithium grease (dry) in the tracks, and make sure the window is repositioned properly. The hardest part was to get the rivets drilled out and separate this part from the bottom of the window without breaking the glass. Hope this helps!
Old 06-16-2008, 10:06 PM
12 Second Club

hey chris take some pics and post them up had a sim problem last summer and was able to fix it really easy