General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

convert from auto windows to manual?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 02:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default convert from auto windows to manual?

like the title says, is there a way to change from your regular old automatic windows to a manual window? Getting tired of changing out window motors
Old 06-25-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as I know most of the parts you would pretty much have to get at a bone yard. The dealer will sell you handles and regulators. The tracks I believe are mounted differently. I am not sure what is involved in the swap. The block out panels are going to be hard to find!!
Old 06-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Trade - Should be easy. Your probably in a minority. https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/931397-power-windows-locks-camaro-not-originally-equipped.html

You might also try looking at the aftermarket window motor kit also mentioned in the thread above. I switched to it as I figured it couldn't be any worse than the stock setup. I've had it in for over a year and a half now and they are still out-performing the mechanisms that were in my car when it came from the factory. The jury is still out on how long they will last, but it looks to me like a motor change-out will be much easier on these units, if needed.