General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car wont Start need Help please very weird issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 12:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car wont Start need Help please very weird issue

ok so i have problem ill go drive my 02 manual z28 and everythings fine but sometimes when i turn it off i have a r problem when i put my key in the ignition all the lights come on but when i turn the key to start the car nothing happens at all and the gauges turn off then come right back on.Before this problem began i noticed my speakers whined as i decelerated and accelerated the car only has 33,000 miles on it and when the issues happens it does even click the starter so i cleaned the vats and cleaned my key took in my starter to be tested and its fine to, im not getting any security light either and when i take a wrech and losen and tighten the battery cable the car starts right up. So i took off my battery cables and the positive terminal was pretty corroted so i cleaned it and replaced the side post adapter it startsup fine now and pulls a steady 14.0 to 14.3 volts as before it would only pull 13.2 to 13.7 while i was driving it. Not sure if this has any reference but my front turn signal bulbs are out so for the last few weeks ive had to manually turn my signals in the rear on to avoid being pulled over.I also added water to the battery because they were low.but still the same issue is occuring.I thimk that im going to cut the wire in case of corrosion and soder and crimp on a new spade to go to the side post its really my only thought is maybe that wire i corroded but im running out ideas please help.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Im interested also as this happens to me at random. Today as a matter of fact same story...put the key in and all gauges light up. try to start and everything goes black. try again and it starts normally but all radio settings, milage counter and everything else is reset like I disconnected the battery. I also get a "check gauges light" that flashes for a second and at the same time my headlights pulse and gauges flicker. It happens very rithmatically when it happens and almost always happens after I get the strange no start. HELP US OUT!!
Old 06-27-2008, 10:00 AM
Staging Lane

Heres an update battery cable now get 14.56 volts while car was on after i changed the baterry and reran the cables with new ones.With car off battery pulled 12.56 to 12.76 volts so battery is fine took off the clutch harness cleaned it and its fine, no security light so vats is fine i assume. took it out 12 minutes ago and same problem accured when i got it home to restart it nothing just relays clicking on and the fuel pump turning on but then turn key no starter grind or even attempt to start.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try this, it the diagnostics for your condition.
Attached Files