General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

AC Doesn't Blow Cold

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AC Doesn't Blow Cold

I need help!! I live in texas and it gets very hot....AC is a must. My AC blows cool but not cold.....I have recharged it and it has a new Compressor(old one was cracked and leaked) What else could hender it from blowing cold? Could it be the Drier?
Old 06-29-2008, 12:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the compressor failed "catastrophically" (which I would say means cracked) then you must flush the entire system and possibly replace other components. Additionally if outside air has entered the system the oil will become acidic and corrode components and the dessicant will swell and potentially burst the bag in the drier causing more problems.
Any time the system is opened it must be evacuated in order to boil off any moisture. After a compressor replacement you should add the correct amount of PAG oil back into the system. You need a manifold set to get the pressures on the high and low side, but I'd guess you've either got too much oil in the system or undercharged with refrigerant. You could also have an orifice tube plug with compressor debris.