General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

TA Fog light (not bulb) removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default TA Fog light (not bulb) removal

Idk if im a noob or what but I cant find anything using the search. I tried searching for fog but all I get is bs about brighter fogs and replacing the bulbs. Now I know how to replace the bulbs on the fogs but what I am trying to figure out is how do you remove the actual fog light. Not the bulb, im asking the whole fog. The metal piece inside the fog seems to have fallen off and the bulb melted some of the fog. I notice there is a screw at the top when you look at the fog head on, but that is for aiming it. Is there more bolts that hold the actual fog in place that you cannot c? Is there any write ups/pics on how to remove the fog?
Old 07-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

remove the sheild under the front of the car. the fog light has two bolts that hold it in remove them then you will have to play with the light to get it out. it may take you a minute to get it but it will come out.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01WS6JACKLE
remove the sheild under the front of the car. the fog light has two bolts that hold it in remove them then you will have to play with the light to get it out. it may take you a minute to get it but it will come out.
Thanks I figured it out myself. I took off the 3 clips for the shield underneath the front of the car then was able to stick my hand in there to take out those 2 bolts. It was a tight fit but not that hard to get it.

/thread