General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Trans Am left dormant for a while. Need maintenance advice.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans Am left dormant for a while. Need maintenance advice.

I have a 1999 Trans Am that has been left dormant since last fall due to college and having the money to fix my car. Once in a while I was able to drive it around a little bit and crank it up every few weeks. Now that I am getting it repaired I was wondering what general maintenance I would need to do on the car? I'm pretty sure that the gas has gone bad, it will need a desperate oil change, and other things. Also, do you guys think any damage has occurred from neglecting the car (I know, I feel bad about it) or any signs I should look out for. Thanks.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camelmix
I have a 1999 Trans Am that has been left dormant since last fall due to college and having the money to fix my car. Once in a while I was able to drive it around a little bit and crank it up every few weeks. Now that I am getting it repaired I was wondering what general maintenance I would need to do on the car? I'm pretty sure that the gas has gone bad, it will need a desperate oil change, and other things. Also, do you guys think any damage has occurred from neglecting the car (I know, I feel bad about it) or any signs I should look out for. Thanks.
Start with yoru basics. Rearend fluid,trans,oil,fuel filter,plugs, check fluid levels. Not a whole lot to it.