General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Headlight issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 05:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight issue

I have a 2000 WS6. I was out driving sat night and I noticed that when I turned my lights on my driver side didn't come all the way up. I stopped to look and the light cover was hitting the hood when the lights tried to go up. Now it's been 3-4 months since I have turned the the headlights on and they have always went up before. I don't know what happened for the cover or whole light assembly to up be slightly sticking up, but it is. Has anyone had this issue and how do I fix it?? Thanks.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:05 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mikzgp
I have a 2000 WS6. I was out driving sat night and I noticed that when I turned my lights on my driver side didn't come all the way up. I stopped to look and the light cover was hitting the hood when the lights tried to go up. Now it's been 3-4 months since I have turned the the headlights on and they have always went up before. I don't know what happened for the cover or whole light assembly to up be slightly sticking up, but it is. Has anyone had this issue and how do I fix it?? Thanks.

Is the bracket broken?? Wires catching?? Any pictures of it??
Old 07-21-2008, 10:08 AM
11 Second Club

Found this in the stickies

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pontiac-firebird-1967-2002/177470-firebird-headlights-all-comments-questions-regarding-headlights-go-here.html
Old 07-21-2008, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

I read that sticky. thats not what it is doing. I will try to get some pictures of it. Everything work fine. I just have to pop the hood first for the light to go up or down so the corner of the light cover doesn't hit the hood
Old 07-21-2008, 06:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mikzgp
Your rubber stoppers under the hood are worn out. They cost like $2.00 at the dealership and screw into place. They are located at both front corners under the hood, but they are attached to the frame near the headlights.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:42 AM
On The Tree

I got to looking last night and when the headlight is up you can see something is broke. How I don't know, but I will post pictures tonight so someone can help me figure out what it is so I can get a new one.