General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

a/c and heat fan won't work

Old 07-29-2008, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/c and heat fan won't work

I recharged my a/c yesterday and i drove for about ten minutes, and parked the car. When I came back out the fan that blows the air inside the car won't turn on. The a/c unit under the hood still activates when I turn the *** in the car, but nothing blows from the vents. I checked the fuses next to the drivers door and i checked the fuse box under the hood and found nothing, and suggestions?
Justin
Old 07-29-2008, 01:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmm....there's a HVAC fuse inside the car that controls the selector switch, maybe that's it? Try unplugging the blower motor connector and see if it's getting power when operating the switches. Welcome to the board.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:45 PM
On The Tree

I tried the HVAC fuse and that was fine. Where would I locate the blower motor connector?
Old 07-29-2008, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's on the outside of the blower motor, passenger side, under the dash. Haven't looked at mine in a long time, believe it's a 2 wire connector. If you're getting power on the car side maybe it's just a coincidence and the motor went bad - guess you could try applying power to it directly and see if it runs.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

have the same problem.

if im driving i can feel the heat being forced through the vents, but i lost all fan control. fuses look good too.

my mechanic said its probably the control switch. so my question is...does anyone know how to rip the dash appart and get the switches out so i can check/test/replace the unit (if that is infact the problem)
Old 02-04-2009, 01:55 AM
12 Second Club

If its an f-body you just have to pop out the front trim ring, the blower motor is easy to change. Just have to remove the bottom cover below the glove box and there it is.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:03 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 68Goatboy
have the same problem.

if im driving i can feel the heat being forced through the vents, but i lost all fan control. fuses look good too.

my mechanic said its probably the control switch. so my question is...does anyone know how to rip the dash appart and get the switches out so i can check/test/replace the unit (if that is infact the problem)
switches come out easy, pull the stereo, a/c control bezel off the will be 2 9/32 sized hex screws and the controls come out

Search this Thread