General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

A/c And Turn Signal Not Work. Checked Fuses But They Look Ok.. Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 09:55 AM
ZSU
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A/c And Turn Signal Not Work. Checked Fuses But They Look Ok.. Ideas?

A/c And Turn Signal Not Work.(hazard Work) Checked Fuses But They Look Ok.. Anyideas?
Old 07-31-2008, 12:23 PM
Launching!

when you put your hazards on did you check to make sure the lights actally come on? when you put your blinker on does the light on the dash just stay green and not blink? probably the turn signal bulb burnt out. have the freeon (i dont know if thats spelled correctly or not) checked probably empty
Old 07-31-2008, 01:55 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Originally Posted by JTelesone
when you put your hazards on did you check to make sure the lights actally come on? when you put your blinker on does the light on the dash just stay green and not blink? probably the turn signal bulb burnt out. have the freeon (i dont know if thats spelled correctly or not) checked probably empty
When I put hazards on the green arrows come on and hazards works.. but no left or right turn signal works when I try to start them..
Old 07-31-2008, 04:19 PM
TECH Resident

well your turn signals and a/c doesn't have anything to do with each other (unless power is supplied to both those fuses from the same location, but they run off different fuses) Your hazards and turn signal have different fuses and flashers also. But the turn signals and back up lights have the same fuse, if the backup lights work check your turn signal flasher (the round metal thing in the fuse box).

Your a/c and cruise have the same fuse so see if your cruise works or not. if it does keep the engine off but have your ignition to run, turn your a/c on, can you hear a click? If yes it's probably just empty, if no check your a/c relay. If that's good you need further diagnostics but it could be a bad wiring problem, a bad compressor, or bad pressure switch.

reason I'm saying check the other system that runs off the same fuse is cuz I had a problem with my a/c, blend door, and cruise in my truck, they didn't work for a year. I found out they all had the same fuse a few days ago along with my backup lights (which I then found out also did not work). But my fuse was good still. I used a jumper wire to bypass the fuse and everything worked great. I need to pull the fusebox out and fix the terminals for that fuse. (it's a 1997 F-150)

nonetheless electrical problems are my worst fear cuz I get numb staring at diagrams. Good luck!
Old 07-31-2008, 04:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JTelesone
yeah it's freon, but everything is 134a now. freon is pretty much nonexistent these days