General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

P0122 TB Position Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 09:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P0122 TB Position Sensor

I believe the book I read said it was reading to low a voltage.

I did an intake swap yesterday and got the codes scanned at autozone to make sure there wasn't anything more than the !EGR codes. This throttle body sensor code came up.

When I had the TB off yesterday I cleaned it up and then sprayed some cleaner on the the outside since it was covered in crap. This stuff said it need to be rinsed off with water. I put the TB in my car and left it over night, had about 16 hrs of air dry time. It seemed completely dry when I put it back on.

Is there a way to test if the sensor is bad, and which one is it?

Last edited by xXSilencerXx; 07-31-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:58 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

The sensor is cheap and you can get it from any local auto parts store.

If I recall correctly, the sensor is just a variable resistor - so just test it like a resistor, turn the sensor, and you should see the resistance change.

Before you do that, it sounds like you may have water in the sensor cavity from your wash out? I'd check that first. Take off the connector and the sensor and make sure its all dry. If not, that's probably your problem. Just let it all dry out, clear the codes, reinstall, and re-try.

BTW - When you re-install the sensor, be sure not to tighten the screws too tightly or the sensor casisng will crack. Just take note of the screw tightness when you take the sensor off.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:22 AM
TECH Resident

Also if that doesn't work, there is a way it can re-learn the settings. I had a few issues with mine and also had an issue with the pigtail that wires into the connector that plugs into the sensor.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:13 AM
TECH Resident

Alright, I'm gunna try to let it dry out today clear the codes and see if it comes back, if it does I'll just get a new one now that I know it aint gunna break my wallet to bad.

Quick Reply: P0122 TB Position Sensor