General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Vibration in 1st between 1100-1500rpms on M6 SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 02:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Vibration in 1st between 1100-1500rpms on M6 SS

It all started after one rainy night with me driving on the highway. I didn't hit any big puddles of water or anything and I was just cruising. I have FTRA. A SES light never came on, but almost always when I'm in first and taking off very softly I can feel that misfire feeling. The car shakes and kinda sputters and as soon as I get above 1500rpms everything is fine. It even drives fine in the rest of the gears at those rpms. I recently checked my pushrods and I changed spark plugs. The problem decreased with the spark plug change but I still have the problem. My spark plug wires look fine too. I don't know what it is. I also have some fuel injector cleaner in the tank and its almost run its course. When revving the engine using the throttle body, everything sounds fine. I also got under it to see if my o2 sensor plugs were wet, but they weren't. What do you guys think it may be?
Old 07-31-2008, 07:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maf? hell i don tknow for sure..check fuses? get underneath her and check for any bare wires? or connectors that got wet?
Old 08-01-2008, 10:44 AM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a misfire under load like you. Ended up being a crack in a spark plug, may want to try and replace your wires or trying to replicate it with a spray bottle on the wires to see if there is arching.