General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help me find me coolant leak!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 10:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me find me coolant leak!

Hello,
I have been noticing a coolant leak from my car for about a month now. Whenever I park my car after about a minute there will be a pretty decent size trail of coolant leaking out. So I put it up on jacks and let it run for about 5 minutes, turned it off, crawled underneath and noticed a leak where a hose connects into the radiator on the bottom drivers side. I removed the hose to see if it was cracked and it wasn't. Which got me thinking it was a connection in the radiator. Then the other day, after parking it, I noticed another pool of coolant, only this time it was more towards the middle of the car and further back. So I have two ideas, one, bad radiator. Two, that maybe its the waterpump and its leaking down different parts, depending on where I park the car. So what do you guys think? I just dont want to buy a radiator only to still find a leak. Thanks for any input.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:20 AM
TECH Addict

Keep on looking, it could be a few different things really.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

i know this may sound stupid but sometimes the coolant will leak from the radiator cap and once pressure builds it will appear to be leaking from different areas. also, check the plastic housing below the radiator cap because the plastic can also have been cracked. just a thought i guess.