General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

So.... need some advice with a window seal thing

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So.... need some advice with a window seal thing

This:

Is slowly coming loose. Is there anyway to make it not come loose or put it back down tight again?
Old 08-02-2008, 08:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure what coming loose means, but it has clips inside the door that hold it on - you have to take the inside door panel off to see what's going on.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28
Not sure what coming loose means, but it has clips inside the door that hold it on - you have to take the inside door panel off to see what's going on.
well its lifting up a little from the door itself, what would i be looking for when i take the panel off?
Old 08-02-2008, 10:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

holy **** my car does the same damn thing on both sides, i go to roll up my window one day and look over to see that damn window seal half way up my window and of course it scratched the **** out of the lip on my door, i tried using weather stripping adhesive, it worked but it scratched my damn window tint so i took off the door panel and realized that like half the metal clips were broken and or bent, thats probably your problem...sorry for writing a book.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by *98TransAm*
holy **** my car does the same damn thing on both sides, i go to roll up my window one day and look over to see that damn window seal half way up my window and of course it scratched the **** out of the lip on my door, i tried using weather stripping adhesive, it worked but it scratched my damn window tint so i took off the door panel and realized that like half the metal clips were broken and or bent, thats probably your problem...sorry for writing a book.
I dont mind the book, I'm just trying to find a solution. I was thinking of putting some window adhesive under there. Probably the easiest option. I've played the "clip" game with my last car and got no where.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:06 AM
TECH Resident

yeah if i had to due it all over again(which i probably will anyway) i would take off the door panel and put a little dab on each metal clip and let it sit for like a day without rolling the window up or down, that should work fine.
i was lazy and stupid and just put a big glob of it on one of the clips and the adhesive got everywhere.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:08 AM
TECH Resident

either that or just buy a whole new seal with those awesome clips(i hate those damn clips)
Old 08-03-2008, 12:59 AM
TECH Addict

im going to try what i tried on the dumdumdumdumdum i used to have, window sealer while pressing it down.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ironxcross
I dont mind the book, I'm just trying to find a solution. I was thinking of putting some window adhesive under there. Probably the easiest option. I've played the "clip" game with my last car and got no where.

Do what I did, drill a small hole at either end of the strip, into the fiberglass door. Then screw small screws in there. Mine are 10+ years old and perfect.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:10 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by needadvice
Do what I did, drill a small hole at either end of the strip, into the fiberglass door. Then screw small screws in there. Mine are 10+ years old and perfect.
that isn't a horrible idea... they arent going anywhere then...