General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Ls1 ruff idle (misfire)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 ruff idle (misfire)

2 months ago I change the plugs out on my 02 SS. I installed Taylor wires along with NGK TR55 plugs gaped to .55 (which is what I was told to set it at the time). Recently I saw a thread that stated I should set the gap to .40 if I have a ruff idle issues. Apparently this helps out with a lot of corvette owners with the same issue. Personally I believe I have injector issues. The car seems to run like a 2stoke engine once it get above 3grand it runs fine when im in the throttle. Once I coast you can hear it missing. What do you guys think? Ive already ran Gumout through the fuel system along with Seafoam (Different occasions) to try and eliminate this issue with no luck.

Another thing i should note is the deletion of my rear o2 sensors. they have been programmed out yet the cats are still on the car. I will remove them soon just saving up for headers and a y-pipe. The reason for programming them out was b/c of a catalyst defficiency code. I did it to basically pass inspection Could they be clogged causing a surplus in back pressure?
Old 08-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a clogged cat should not cause a miss but would cause loss of power/ torque. and the intake manifold would get fire hot possibly melt. it can be injector issues or coils or even a cracked spark plug like i had
Old 08-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats pretty much what I figured. Guess I will just have to spend some time under the hood again. Prob pull all the plugs and check them out and make sure the wires are seated properly. What gap would you suggest I use? Im still running .55