General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Vibrating Drivers Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 06:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibrating Drivers Mirror

As stated, the driver side mirror shakes/wobbles/vibrates when driving the car. It isnt the mirror housing itself, but appears to be the mirror itself thats a little loose. Anyway to tighten it up inside the housing??
Old 08-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Launching!

Depends on what's loose inside of it. It's not that hard to take a apart.
1. Unbolt mirror assembly from the door, disconnect electrics and remove completely
2. Now, by tilting the mirror, you'll be able to see some torx screws inside the housing. Unscrew (finicky, but very possible) all three (if I remember correctly), and the mirror-assembly should separate from the housing.
3. Check over the assembly and see if you can find where it's loose. Mine had one of the center pins (small ones) that had slipped out. Just pressed it back into place.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TA-Swede
Depends on what's loose inside of it. It's not that hard to take a apart.
1. Unbolt mirror assembly from the door, disconnect electrics and remove completely
2. Now, by tilting the mirror, you'll be able to see some torx screws inside the housing. Unscrew (finicky, but very possible) all three (if I remember correctly), and the mirror-assembly should separate from the housing.
3. Check over the assembly and see if you can find where it's loose. Mine had one of the center pins (small ones) that had slipped out. Just pressed it back into place.
Thanks man. I'll try this tomorrow!!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Man, mine's been too shaky lately too and have been wanting to fix it for awhile. My passenger side mirror is just fine. In the driver side when I'm cruising it's hard to tell what kind of car (police) is coming. Especially now that I have a sub, it's worse.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

just did mine a few minutes ago. but you dont have to take the mirror assembly off. just pull on the mirror and it will come out. it sounds like your stripping something, but you are just pulling the threaded bolts out of the motor assembly. i did this a couple times and it still works fine, so this wont hurt anything. once you have it off just make sure all the bolts are tight. then put the mirror back on. it has to snap back in place. so it takes some force. i thought i was gonna break the mirror so it took me a few minutes. but just push it in the center. i bundled a rag up and placed it over the mirror, the majority being in the center, so if the mirror did crack you wouldnt end up with bloody hands. and nobody likes a bloody hand. once you hear it snap your good to go. im glad i finally did this cuz every time i look in my mirror it bugged me.

Quick Reply: Vibrating Drivers Mirror