General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Argh... tranny problems...?

Old 08-19-2008, 10:25 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Argh... tranny problems...?

Ok i have a 2000 Trans am WS6 with 97k miles. Mods are in my sig, if there not its just boltons with a ls7/ls2 clutch kit, all new hydraulics 01+ with drill mod. Today leavin to go to school i put it in reverse, but while backing up (clutch wasnt all the way engaged i hear this nasty grinding noise inside the car, it sounded like it was coming from the transmission. After that grinding noise the Service engine light comes on.. (not the SES light) so im already late for class, i turn the car off where i was, and turned it back on, no more service engine light. well i'm coming home from school and i go to downshift into 3rd, and before i let the clutch out i hear this other grinding noise. the only thing i can think of is the slave (brand new maybe 3k miles.....) is malfunctioning and not pushing the pressure plate enough to disengage the clutch so it's touching the flywheel somewhat... also sometimes when just going into lets say 4th from 3rd it'll grind on me)

anyone have any clue? if you dont understand what i just posted gimme a couple hours and i'll rewrite it lol (in a hurry)

thanks in advance
Old 08-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ttt for tonight

Search this Thread