General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Why is my idle so high???

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 10:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Why is my idle so high???

Why is my idle so high. I started up my car today and the idle is high at about 1000 rpm's.....i checked to make sure the floor mat isn't pushing on it, and i turned the car off and back on again but still the idle is high?!?! how do i fix this? below is what i have done to my car, and i haven't ever had this problem before what could it be?
Old 08-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by clg82
Why is my idle so high. I started up my car today and the idle is high at about 1000 rpm's.....i checked to make sure the floor mat isn't pushing on it, and i turned the car off and back on again but still the idle is high?!?! how do i fix this? below is what i have done to my car, and i haven't ever had this problem before what could it be?
If you haven't played with the idle screw, check for tight seals between the throttle body, the MAF, and everything in between.

I doubt this is your problem but I'll mention it anyway. I had an issue with my WS6 where it would do the same. It got worse every day until I was eventually idling at 1600+ RPMs when I took it in. They said my PCM got fried when some battery acid sloshed out of the battery and ate through the wiring harness. It happened again a month or so later because they didn't clean up the wiring harness properly, so they replaced it again for free. So here I am on my 4th PCM.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KeyserWS6
If you haven't played with the idle screw, check for tight seals between the throttle body, the MAF, and everything in between.

I doubt this is your problem but I'll mention it anyway. I had an issue with my WS6 where it would do the same. It got worse every day until I was eventually idling at 1600+ RPMs when I took it in. They said my PCM got fried when some battery acid sloshed out of the battery and ate through the wiring harness. It happened again a month or so later because they didn't clean up the wiring harness properly, so they replaced it again for free. So here I am on my 4th PCM.
lol don't think i have that problem but i will check what you suggested.....thanks for the input