General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Throttle Cable Problem

Old 09-03-2008, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Throttle Cable Problem

About a month ago i took my car to the track and the throttle cable got very loose and got stuck multiple times. It was VERY loose and problamatic. I bought a new throttle cable and put it on and it still is a little loose. Not nearly as loose as it was after it broke but there is still some slack in it. Anyone have this problem or no a full proof way of keeping the stupid booger tight??
Old 09-03-2008, 06:27 PM
11 Second Club

There should always be some slack in it. Don't make the new one to tight! You can adjust if by removing the black cover from the little D shaped black box thingy in front of the passenger wheel well.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are a lot of cars that do not open all the way . play with the black box to adjust it how you need . make sure that the blade opens fully under wot by mashing down on the peddle or having someon else do it while you make sure . the cable has been known to stretch over time . seen some setups where the use of a srping to pull down the black piece of the cable to keep it from jumping around .
Old 09-04-2008, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i heard something like that snake charmer. It just got extremely loose and now it feels even a little looser then it had when i first bought the car so i was wondering if there was anything to do to keep it tight. There is still some slack but i'll have someone mash down the pedal for me so i can see how close it gets to being stuck again. Thanks for the input and anymore input on keeping it tight let me know!!

Search this Thread