General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

HELP!!! firebird going dead while driving???

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default HELP!!! firebird going dead while driving???

ok i got a buddy of mine that called me up the other day. He has a wierd problem that has come up on his late model firebird while driving it down the rode it just dies, he pulls it over and then it starts up again ( atleast thats what he's telling me its doing?? ) I told him i would stick up a thread and see if anybody else has had this problem he says theres a clicking noise that he has never noticed before coming from the right side bottom of front somewhere, from what he told me it sounded like a solenoid, any ideas?? Anyhow he had pontiac check it out and they could not find the problem nor any codes or nothing but its still doing it and he told me it seems like its getting worse as time rolls on. So im wondering anybody have a clue what this could be, any ideas at all i told him it sounded like a elec problem but im not real sure cause i have not be in person to witness the car doing it ....anyhow hit up some ideas or if you know whats wrong please post it up. Ill check back on here tomorrow nite and give more info as im going to talk to him tomorrow about it and get more details hopefully.....thanks for any future info
Old 09-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when my car would randomly die i coudlnt figure it out for the longest time, one time it died, so i poped the hood and starting kicking it.... then it started (after kicking the main fuse box) so after alittle more searching i found that where the postive power comming from the battery connects to the fuse box was loose..
Old 09-12-2008, 12:11 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When the car dies, does the gauges go wild?

If so, look for:
* Bad battery / Alternator
* Bad grounds
* Bad positive wire to the main fuse-boxes
Old 09-14-2008, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey just wanted to let everyone that was interested in knowing, i talked to him briefly today and he found out it was a sensor behind the balancer because he talked to another guy that had the same problems and trouble...so i guess he's got it solved thanks to all who replied i appreciate it