General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights

So this is probably a really dumb question, but one of my head lights are out, and I have no idea how to change it.

Its a 2001 Formula Firebird, and this is the first ever F-body that I have owned that has flip up headlights.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy a chiltons manual from advance or auto zone. round $15 and it'll come in handy a bunch of more times for little stuff like this. GL
Old 09-16-2008, 05:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Haynes is better!

What I do is:
Turn the headlights to the full ON position, then flip the switch directly to the Parking light switch, which leaves the headlights up but cuts power (hopefully) to them.
Grab your torx and philips bit sets and get to work on removing the three screws holding the black plastic frame (top, left, right).
Once you pull the frame off, get to work unscrewing the metal frame around the bad headlight(s).
Once that's unscrewed, the headlight should drop forward and be easily replaceable.
Plug in the new headlight and switch the headlights back to ON to ensure the light does in fact work
Make sure it's oriented right (if top/bottom bulb sides are different... hard to explain)
Reassemble.
If adjustments are needed, take out the torx bit and tighten/loosen the exposed torx screw above the headlight.

Last edited by ZexGX; 09-16-2008 at 05:56 PM.