General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Pass side plugs all fouled; o2?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pass side plugs all fouled; o2?

Please verify this is an o2 sensor problem, or provide other ideas please.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 09-15-2008, 08:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Any other mods then a full exhaust? Any tune or something like that? It could also be your MAF needs cleaning, or your IAT sensor is dirty as well. Did you get any codes throw from the PCM that could point something out? It could very well be a faulty O2 but I'd check and clean the other sensors first and look for improvement (can of MAF cleaner is cheaper then a pair of O2's anyhow).
Old 09-15-2008, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

since it's only one side, i'd say it's that o2 sensor since your other sensors aren't "side specific" if you know what i mean. but like he said, it'd be cheaper to clean all your other sensors first but not if you foul another set of plugs testing it.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:59 AM
On The Tree

what do i clean the iat and maf sensors with?
Old 09-16-2008, 06:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Got to autozone and buy electrical cleaner or they have MAF cleaner made for sensors. They dry without leaving a grease film that will throw off the readings. Dustinss did bring up a good point though, your O2's determine your fueling trims for each cylinder bank although I haven't seen too many O2's causing misfires. I'd grab some of the cheapest plugs you can buy to test out if it fixes it or not and eliminate things until you fix it then put in some good plugs. I'd try cleaning then if you have to replace the O2 on that cylinder bank. Cleaning the sensors won't hurt anything and if it isn't that and the O2 fixes it then you'll only get some better MPG on your side.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:12 PM
On The Tree

I went ahead changed the o2 on that side since it was still under warranty. It seems to have fixed the problem. I changed the plugs out a couple of days ago. I'll go find some of that cleaner and clean the sensors. thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: Pass side plugs all fouled; o2?