General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Window Bracket Problem....Please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 08:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Window Bracket Problem....Please help!!

So I don't know how to explain this problem, but I will try.

Toward the bottom of the window glass on the drivers side, toward the rear of the car, there is a metal bracket that has 3 rivets in it. One is a circular metal piece that rides up and down the vertical window guide. Well, unfortunately the metal around the rivet has bent and cracked, and the bracket is no longer held to the circular piece that rides up and down the guide. Is there anyway to fix this? Have any of you experienced it?

If pictures will help you guys out, I can put some pictures on here tomorrow. Let me know.

Thanks again.

-James
Old 09-22-2008, 07:18 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

This thread has some suggestions and fixes: https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-maintenance-repairs/971125-how-hell-do-i-fix-window-related.html
Old 09-22-2008, 04:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wssix99
This thread has some suggestions and fixes: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=971125
Thanks for that link. I searched for a little while, but I must have searched for the wrong thing. I guess I will try the drill and bolt method. If that doesn't work, then it is time to weld! ... Or just buy a new window...
Old 09-24-2008, 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

Has anyone else had this problem? I tried the bolt method...didn't work. I might try and have it welded, but I need to get the window out first. Unfortunately it's my daily driver, so I can't do that right now...

Any other suggestions?