General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need Help! Headlight 99 TA wont go up or down

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help! Headlight 99 TA wont go up or down

Hey Guys thought maybe someone could help me out cause im stumped.

My drivers Side Headlight wont go up or down. I replaced the Motor and put everything back together. Turned the headlights on and nothing....

so i took wire leads and hooked them directly to the batt to see if the motor was good and sure enough it was. So I then figured the Headlight control module was bad. so I took one off my friends ta that I knew worked and pluged it in and turned the headlights on and still nothing....

I checked both of the 15 amp fuses that supply power to the headlight control module and both of them were good. I checked all other fuses and all of them were good. I checked the wireing going from the headlight motor also and it looks fine.

I have no Idea whats going on and now im pretty much stumped? Can someone please help me out?

BTW the passengers side goes up and down just fine its only the drivers side that wont. and the drivers side used to work sometimes and other times it wouldnt before it quit working all together.

Thanks

Last edited by Black99T\A; 10-02-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I would slap a VOM on and probe the harness to see if you have voltage there. That harness tends to develop serious corrosion.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the Problem fixed, The plug end had 2 terminals that were bad, one of the was corroded all the way off. I just hard wired it together for now. Thanks for the reply.

Quick Reply: Need Help! Headlight 99 TA wont go up or down