Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

so i've read a lot of post here...

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so i've read a lot of post here...

like the subj says i've read a lot of things here and i'm still kind of lost as to what to do as far as induction and exhaust goes....i have an slp lid and a tune...pretty much generic tune as far as i can tell..i can beat factory z28's no prob but i want more! who doesn't right!? i have a t56 stock all the way to the rear. i've been been looking at a ton of lt's and y's to go along with them and i have a place to tune at....from what i understand lt's are lt's...no diff in the gain..should i change out my induction? h/c? i'm currently stationed in va so the laws suck *** as far as noise goes. i want a nice smooth rumble at idle and wot but just cruising i want her to be kinda quite...until i open it up of course! cutout's are out of the question and i still need to pass emissions...any help here??
Old 10-11-2008, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

did you see the sticky at the top of this section, lots of good info:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/520845-mod-guide-induction-exhaust-please-read-before-posting.html
Old 10-11-2008, 10:42 PM
Teching In

yep....read it...lot's of good info. i'm still torn on what to get.....thinking qtp...everyone talks about how all of the different combo's sound but i want performance and low noise at the same time. va has the "if you can hear it 25ft away then it's too loud" law...and they enforce it thoroughly...bastards. i'm looking for a sleeper setup..
Old 10-12-2008, 10:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

move far away from that place...it's the devil
Old 10-12-2008, 11:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get longtubes and a good 3 inch catted y and run it through the stock exhaust and use a electric cutout for when the cops arent around.