Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else ever have a cracking problem with the FAST?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Anyone else ever have a cracking problem with the FAST?

The other day my car decided that it wanted to idle at 4k rpm's . Me and some friends determined there was a vaccum leak. After some carb cleaner told me that the leak was under the manifold i removed it thinking that one of the O rings had let go. To my suprise there was a crack the entire width of the bottom of the manifold along with 2 other cracks opposite the bolts. The large crack was a result of 2 smaller ones opposite eachother which decided to connect. We removed the manifold and had my friend use his dremel and some plastic weld and 2 hours later this was the result :

Apparently when the former owner of the car installed the intake manifold he cracked it in these few places and the other night the two larger ones really let go to create the grand canyon. So i can take comfort in knowing my car went 12.02 @ 118.5 with a few BAD vaccum leaks . My tuner thought there was a vaccum leak earlier this spring but we couldnt find it. Hopefully the car will now be better than ever following a retune.

Anyone else have a similar experience with their FAST 90? This thing perforems amazing! Just have to install it properly!
Old 10-13-2008, 04:57 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are the button head bolts installed?