Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fast92mm install question

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fast92mm install question

just got my fast 92mm intake for my 02 c5. should I use the stock intake manifold long bolts I took off my car or should I use the ones provided by fast but without the nuts on the ends of them?
Old 10-15-2008, 03:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

You should use the bolts included with the intake. Some of them come assemled on the intake already, and you do not use the bolts at the end of them.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:34 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Use the ones that came with the intake. You will remove the nuts on the lower side that are just there to hold the intake together in transit.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 10-15-2008, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
Use the ones that came with the intake. You will remove the nuts on the lower side that are just there to hold the intake together in transit.
thank you, also, I bought the intake from you guys with the C5 LS2 throttle body and adapter as well, but none of the bolts are long enough to bolt the throttle body to the intake, the stockers aren't long enough as well what should I use? I would've thought there'd be some in the kit since I got the throttle body/intake combo
Old 10-16-2008, 09:24 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You will need the LS2 TB bolts. Sorry, we should have asked what application it was for and recommend them for you. The LS1 TB bolts are a bit shorter than the LS2 and will not work, as you have found. Let me know if we can get some sent out for you, or most any GM dealer will keep them in stock as well.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!